Picasso is a powerful image downloading and caching library for Android.
It saves you time of writing code from scratch to cache, thread, and handle your images.
This is done with only one simple line of code:
Resources, assets, files, content providers are all supported as image sources.
Picasso downloads the image in another thread and it manages for you:
- the placeholder in the meantime the image is still downloading
- caching ( you don’t have to download the image every time)
- it even does “image fade in”, which is popular/normal now
Options to add the Picasso library (Choose one):
- Download and import the JAR file from: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/squareup/picasso/picasso/2.5.2/picasso-2.5.2.jar
- Add the maven dependency: http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.squareup.picasso/picasso
- Add the gradle dependency: compile ‘com.squareup.picasso:picasso:2.5.2’
Read more: http://square.github.io/picasso/